The Small Charities Challenge Fund (SCCF) is the first fund from the Department for International Development (DFID) tailored to the needs of small, grassroots British charities doing outstanding humanitarian and development work.
The SCCF grant is designed to help these charities scale up and increase the reach and effectiveness of the work they already do.
Grants of up to £50,000 are being made available for projects lasting up to 2 years.
Are you eligible?
Organisations who want to apply for the grant must meet the following criteria:
- Be a UK registered, not-for-profit organisation from any sector,
- Have an annual income less than £250,000
What projects are funded?
Organisations who apply for the grant must demonstrate that their work:
- Aims to reach the most vulnerable or marginalised
- Benefits one of the lowest 50 countries on the Human Development Index (HDI)* or countries that DFID considers to have high or moderate fragility.
- Contributes towards the Global Goals
- Considers DFID’s wider strategic objectives
Applications for the funding must be completed and submitted through the UK Aid Direct.
Website Applicants must ensure they:
- Read the guidance,
- Register to apply,
- Complete an eligibility assessment,
- Complete the full application.
Applications can be completed at any time – however, all applications are reviewed on a 6-month basis with the closing date for the next set of reviews on Thursday 28th March 2019.