I’ve been asked to attend a meeting with Lord Heseltine in May to discuss local business priorities for our clients, so I wanted to ask if you have any views/opinions that you’d like me to voice on your behalf.
My own thoughts are:
- crippling costs of energy
- auto-enrolment burden, both in terms of cost and red tape
- ability/capacity to raise productivity levels to pre-recession levels
- future of our high street
- doubling of AIA allowance on plant and machinery
- banks appear to be lending again
- Regional Growth Fund boost
- increased incentives for R&D
I will be one of a small group and we only have half an hour with him, so I need to be succinct. I also need to send my discussion topics in advance, so if you’d like to drop me a line by 28 April I’ll do my best to get your message across.