Our certified team of Xero accountants in Stoke-on-Trent are helping clients from across Staffordshire move to the cloud.
Why does it take so much time and effort to get your own hard earned money into the bank?
Using a cloud-based solution such as Xero software could make a real difference to you. Businesses currently using Xero software, are on average, being paid 15 days faster.
It cuts down the time lag between completing the sale and getting paid – here are just a few of the features that you can use:
- Raise sales invoices on your mobile device and email them straight to your customers “anytime, anywhere”
- Use repeating invoices with expiry dates to eliminate time spent on recurring invoices, and they can be emailed automatically to
- Set up a “pay now” option on sales invoices to encourage customers to click there and then to pay you
- Monthly statements are emailed automatically to customers
- Set up a suite of email reminders to chase up overdue invoices which will be sent to your customers automatically if you wish
- See at a glance on your own dashboard how much is overdue and who owes you the most
- Use bank feeds to keep your bank reconciliation up-to-date and accurate, so you know you’re looking at real-time information.
If you find your working capital is tied up in debtors, there’s also the opportunity to link Xero to a finance offering such as Waddle. There’s several of these Xero add-ons available, giving you the flexibility to draw down funds as sales invoices are raised without being as rigid as the traditional invoice financing through the banks. You can dip in and use it when you need to.
How our team of Xero accountants in Stoke-on-Trent, helped Glass Installations Limited move to the cloud
Glass Installations Limited moved from Sage to Xero in 2016 and here’s what director Steve Platt has to say about it:
“Before moving to Xero we had a book-keeper three days a week and I had very little understanding of the accounts back then. To be honest, it was a bit of a mystery.
Now I raise my quotations in Xero and can see which have been accepted, which have been rejected and which are still out there to be chased up. It’s really helped with sales conversion and once I’ve done the work, I just convert the quotation into an invoice with one click and email it straight to my customer. In the old days, I had a pile of quotations and had to wait for my book-keeper to come in to raise the invoices, then some of them were sent out in the post and some by email. I could lose more than a week between finishing the work and getting the invoice out – now it’s instantaneous.
The other thing I really like is that I can pretty much forget about credit control. Statements are emailed out each month and I’ve set up three different chase up emails which get sent out automatically to the customers who’re overdue. These generally do the trick and I’ve got the option to turn off these reminders for my really good customers that I don’t need to chase.
I’ve also got an automatic bank feed set up and every day Xero matches the money that’s been banked to my outstanding sales invoices. All I need to do is click “ok” and my debtor list is up-to-date.
Xero is brilliant and really easy to use. As a business, we’ve saved a lot of time which we now spend on the other things, and we’re getting paid much quicker too.”
To find out more about Xero, please take a look here
If you would like to move to the cloud or understand more about Xero accountants in Stoke-on-Trent, one of our Xero Platinum team will be happy to help. To speak to our Xero certified advisors please get in touch on 01782 279615 or email@example.com.