MITTEN CLARKE LIMITED
Mitten Clarke Limited is what is known as a ‘controller’ of the personal data you provide to us and James Beardmore is our Data Protection Officer. Our contact details are:
Telephone 01782 279615
How we collect or obtain personal information about you
We collect information about you from different places including:
- directly from you
- from a third party acting on your behalf e.g. an intermediary or broker
- from publicly available sources
- when we generate it
- from other organisations
Personal information we collect or obtain about you
The information we collect includes:
- name and contact details, such as address, email and telephone number
- employment and payroll history
- taxation information and history
- information about your circumstances and the matter you have asked us to deal with
- financial information such as bank details, bank statements and details of investments
How is your personal information used
We will use the information to fulfil a contractual service as detailed in an engagement letter, to meet legal obligations or for other purposes such as:
- to confirm your identity and address
- to carry out your instructions
- to improve our services
- to offer other services we believe may benefit you unless you ask us not to.
How long we store your personal information
We will keep your information for as long as you have a relationship with us. If you disengage as a client we are required under UK tax law to keep your basic personal data (name, address, tax details) for a period of time, and we will do this for a minimum of six years after which time it will be destroyed. The information we use for marketing purposes will be retained until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive communication from us.
How we secure your personal information
We have data protection policies in place to ensure our compliance with the data protection laws and that your personal data is controlled and processed securely.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. Depending on the browser you use you should be able to control what cookies are placed on your device through the browser settings. You can find out about cookies, how to see what cookies have been set, how to manage and delete them at www.aboutcookies.org.uk.
We do not store any personal data in the cookies that we use and store your information anonymously.
Your rights in relation to your personal information
You have a number of rights relating to your information:
- The right to be informed about the processing of your personal data
- The right to have the personal data corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal data completed
- The right to object to processing of your personal data
- The right to restrict processing of your personal data
- The right to have your personal data erased or forgotten
- The right to request access to your personal data and information about how we process it
- The right to move, copy or transfer your personal data.
Changes to your information and how to complain
If at any point you believe the information we process about you is incorrect, you can exercise your rights as we have listed above and we will action your requests, subject to our legal responsibilities. If you wish to make a complaint about how we have handled your personal data, then do please contact our data protection officer at email@example.com or via the contact details supplied above. If you are not satisfied with how we deal with your complaint, or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the data protection laws, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk.
Review of this Policy
We keep this policy up to date and it was last updated in May 2018.